The Sortition Foundation is currently looking to appoint three new Independent Directors to support our work to transform democracy.
Independent Directors work unpaid, and contribute around 3-10 hours of their time per month.
We are particularly interested in people with experience in:
- Strategic communications, social media and / or press
- Campaigning and movement building
- Outreach / sales
- Anti-oppression and liberation
We also welcome applications from individuals with experience in other areas related to our work.
Although we are primarily based in the UK and much of our work is currently there, we would welcome nominations from candidates outside of the UK. We currently have staff in the UK, Hungary and Australia.
We acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in the movement for real democracy and we’re committed to doing what we can to correct this. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of colour; women, disabled people and/or those living with a chronic medical condition; people who identify as being LGTBQIA; and working class people.
For more information, please see the detailed role description.
How to apply
- To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to [email protected]
- To ask any question or clarification about the role of Independent Director, please email [email protected] by Thursday 24th November
- Monday 28 November at 09:00 - close of nominations
- Interviews to be held on the 1st, 6th and 13th December
- Friday 16 December - a decision will be made and all applicants notified of the outcome.