As the (northern hemisphere) summer finishes we have been working with our partners on a slew of upcoming citizens' assemblies and deliberative processes, namely:
- a citizens' panel on fake news in Wales with the Institute of Welsh Affairs and Open University Wales;
- an Experts by Experience Panel feeding into an Expert Advisory Group on a minimum income guarantee with the Scottish Government;
- Sydney residents discussed how best to let bicycles on the Sydney Harbour Bridge;
- In Bosnia and Herzegovina we helped select people by democratic lottery to talk about social media standards;
- for "Breathe, Budapest" - the upcoming citizens' assembly in Hungary starting on September 10 - we selected the participants by democratic lottery.
However, although we love helping run citizens' assemblies, our main passion and raison d'être is to see these assemblies get real power: for politics to work for people like us, it has to include people like us.
That's why, in the next few months, you'll be hearing more from us as we build the campaign to replace the UK's antiquated House of Lords with a House of Citizens.
Other highlights and recent news includes the official release of Political System Reform: A Messaging Guide, a view from the future in Looking back from 2050 and some citizens' assembly recruitment intersectionality analysis. If, instead, you'd prefer to sit back, relax and watch some short inspiring videos then we have collected some recent citizens' assembly videos for you.
Enjoy, and thanks for your ongoing support!
P.S. To help us build the movement to transform politics faster, become a Friend of the Sortition Foundation now!